Atlantique 2, Marine Nationale
The Atlantique 2 carries:
- A magnetic anomaly detector, capable of locating the metallic mass of a submarine when diving at shallow depth.
- An Iguana radar, capable of detecting very small surface targets over 360 °, even in rough seas.
- An ARAR 13 radar emission detection system, capable of intercepting and identifying very short emissions at great distances.
- An infrared detector (FLIR) allowing day and night identification of surface targets at great distances.
Seven work consoles allow specialists, under the supervision of a tactical coordinator, to simultaneously manage all of the aircraft’s systems. To this high-tech equipment, we can add the irreplaceable work done by the observers on the sides and in the glass nose, to scan the sea with the naked eye or with binoculars. A full crew consists of a total of twelve specialists under the command of an aircraft commander, an experienced pilot whose responsibility is to manage the mission as a whole.
- Maritime patrol
- Safety and conditioning of SSBNs
- Security of naval air forces
- Mastery of air and sea combat
- Maritime safety and security of maritime approaches
- Support for land and air land operations
- Electronic warfare and intelligence missions
- Length: 31.70 meters
- Wingspan: 37.50 meters
- Height: 11.10 meters
- Empty weight: 25.5 tons
- Max speed: 350 knots or 648 km / h
- Altitude: up to 30,000 feet
- Range of action: 14h or 4,300 Nauticals
- Crew: 2 pilots, 2 mechanics and 9 system operators
- 2 Rolls Royce Tyne Mk21 turboprop engines
- 2 AM39 missiles or 4 laser-guided 250 kg bombs, 4 MU90 torpedoes
- 6 SAR chains (lifeboats in jettisonable container)
- Acoustic buoys
Registration : F-XXXX Operator: Marine Nationale