a responsIble organisation
Conducted by Time to Fly for the association France Spectacle Aérien (FSA), , the only serious study to quantify the carbon footprint shows that airshows do not pollute more than other common public events. Indeed, whether it is an air show or a music festival, the main source of pollution is the travel of spectators to attend the event. Indeed, whether it is an air show or a music festival, the main source of pollution is the travel of spectators to attend the event.
However, aware of the stakes and anxious to reconcile air shows and sustainable development, the Air Legend organisation is committed to a Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) approach.
The actions recommended to make Air Legend more environmentally responsible include
- Encouraging soft mobility and carpooling, and shuttle service between the RER station and the
airfield for visitors,
- Optimization of supplier routes and deliveries,
- The provision of hybrid or electric vehicles for the crews,
- The pooling of “joining” flights to limit the distance travelled by crews during demonstrations,
- The promotion of “Green Aviation” in the airfield and the exhibitors’ village,
- The choice of catering service providers who are themselves committed to a responsible approach that favors the supply of local products in short circuits and the limitation of waste,
- The use of sustainable event equipment that can be dismantled and reused,
- Waste sorting management.